View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004   #31
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I don't think everyone just forgets that the Texans are having problems on offense. And I'm not Chris Palmer's biggest fan. But, I can't fault him for the 2nd half playcalling that led to zero offensive points. Carr threw seven 2nd half passes, was sacked 3 times, and ran after being forced to by the pass rush 4 times. So for every pass Carr got off in the 2nd half, he was either sacked or forced to run. I'm very happy that Palmer didn't call additional pass plays with that kind of ratio.

The Texans have problems in pass protection. They're 25th in sacks allowed with 43 (All Carr). Only Michael Vick has been sacked more times with 44. This has to be addressed in the offseason, but for now I'd like to get through this last game with Carr intact. I'm hoping Palmer sticks with the run oriented attack against Cleveland and let the defense win another one.
I agree that more pass attempts would have been a mistake because of the lack of protection. Let's also remember that the Texans were eating up the clock like crazy in the 4th quarter. I kept watching the clock and thinking it was unrealistic how fast they were burning it off. They took the ball in the middle of the 4th and burned over 6 minutes off the clock on one drive by using the run, run, pass method before having a kick blocked and giving the ball back with less than 3 minutes left and a 2 touchdown lead. That is how you hold a lead. If you can run it down their throats, do it. Yes, it's predictable as can be and I would hate that kind of playcalling if we were down by a touchdown, but we weren't. Besides, like everyone is saying, we have no real pass protection.

Last edited by HJam72; 12-27-2004 at 08:35 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote