View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004   #29
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Biped
...But when the Texans win, everybody forgets that they still have big issues with the offense, and like it or not those problems don't go away just because you won one game basically only with the defense.
I don't think everyone just forgets that the Texans are having problems on offense. And I'm not Chris Palmer's biggest fan. But, I can't fault him for the 2nd half playcalling that led to zero offensive points. Carr threw seven 2nd half passes, was sacked 3 times, and ran after being forced to by the pass rush 4 times. So for every pass Carr got off in the 2nd half, he was either sacked or forced to run. I'm very happy that Palmer didn't call additional pass plays with that kind of ratio.

The Texans have problems in pass protection. They're 25th in sacks allowed with 43 (All Carr). Only Michael Vick has been sacked more times with 44. This has to be addressed in the offseason, but for now I'd like to get through this last game with Carr intact. I'm hoping Palmer sticks with the run oriented attack against Cleveland and let the defense win another one.