View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004   #27
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Biped
Anytime that you spend money for services or products, it is an investment. I'm sorry that many of you are not able or willing to see that, but it is still the case. And for the guy who said that buying a car is not an investment, then what is it. Do you not use it to go to work and get groceries and the like? Do you not get substantial value out of it?
An investment is something you expect to make a profit on. A car is a depreciating asset. I can see using the term loosely because you equate getting a 'return' out of money spent in the form of entertainment. Fair enough, and not worth debating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Biped
If you think that my statement about the organization caring more about appearances than wins was out of line, then tell me this, what have the Texans organization done anything outside of the draft to improve this team over 3 losing season? Significant coaching changes? No! Significant free agent signings? No!
Nearly half of the guys in the trenches were inked in the last off-season. They signed 4 starting linemen in Wade, Smith Breunner (TE) and Walker (resign). This fits the mold of how the Patriots sign FA's. I guess you would feel better if Dan Snyder ran this joint. They sign all kinds of big-name FA's, and go thru coaches every year or two.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote