View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Dont expect us to ever NOT be predictable. If you have ever watched a Steelers or Dolphins game.. they ARE predictable. it has nothing to do with the intelligence of the O coordinator.. it is just the way they play the game. I dont think anyone can deny it has been successful for them.
There will be some who don't like smashmouth football. They think that type of football is boring, along with being predictable. Running the football down the other teams' throats, backed up by a shutdown defense is Capers style. He strongly believes in it, and it's been proven that it works. Yesterday's game against the Jags, along with the Steelers successful season, vindicates his philosophy. He knows that it is sound. If Capers has a fault, it could be that he needs to do a better job of selling it to the fans, and asking them for more patience while constructing a team that fits that philosophy.

But I think I know who Capers is rooting for to win the Super Bowl in January.

Quote:
I dont think anyone can deny it has been successful for them.
Successful or not, there are some fans that simply don't want their hometown football team to be run that way, even though it will be hard for them to publicly admit it.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote