Thread: Oh the irony...
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2004   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I'm just curious really but what exactly is it about Leftwich that you like? I (like a lot of us) don't really see him that much unless he's playing against us but I've yet to see him really look like someone I'd want as my quarterback. He's looked kind of slow, kind of careless, and kind of awkward the few times I've seen him. I understand he can take a hit (you seem to hear that constantly from the Jag fans) and that he's "tough" but I'm still waiting to see what he can do that makes him special.
Now I am the anti-Vick QB guy--I don't want my QB running around, I want him getting the ball to the guys hired to run around. That said, even Leftwich is lethargic for my tastes. I also give no credence to the he is tough thing--I see no more fight and will to be in the game from him than from Carr (yes he had the whole college carry me down the field thing but you're in the NFL now). He is also prone to turnovers so far IMO--not necessarily INT's or the numbers, but at crucial moments because when turnovers come does matter. So that is the negative side, on the positive he has a presence (the anti-Peyton Manning cry about any contact, complain to the refs about every call, whine about contact, etc.), he is not mobile but within his range has a very good feel and reaction to pressure and he goes through his progressions nicely, he isn't scared to throw the ball into tight spots and he has a strong arm capable of very accurate passes.

So that is kind of what I see in a non-nutshell.

OK anybody else laugh at Austin Powers in a nutshell?--bloody big nut.