Thread: Luv Ya' Blue!
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007   #92
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Atypical actually.

Ignoring facts,not reading the post.

Bud:I want a new stadium.

Houston: No way,we're still paying for those luxury boxes & you took away our scoreboard.

Bud:Well then I'm leaving.

Houston:Good riddance.

Time marches on with no football.

Houston:what do we need to get a new football team?

NFL: A new stadium.

Houston: Oh snap

Now that's a sell out
Uhhhhhhh, thats revisionist history.............

(Circa 1988)
Hair Piece: I want to rip out the vaunted pinball machine and add 10,000 seats... or I am moving to Jacksonville..... Oh, and by the way, tax payers of Harris County are going to pay for it....
Mayor: Sure... Lets keep the Oilers here, rather than losing them to Jacksonville....

(Circa 1993/94)
Hair Piece: I want a new stadium and don't care that the renovations to the dome are not paid off yet..... Oh, and by the way, tax payers of Harris County are going to still pay for the renovation AND the new stadium....

Mayor Bob:
I don't think so....

Hair Piece:
Maybe I can use Drayton McClane or the Rockets Owner to partner up with me since I am already despised in this town...

Rockets and Astros Owners: Uh, no... You are flying solo... we're NOT going lie with a dog that has fleas...

Mayor Bob: Well I guess you better figure out a way to finance this deal without the taxpayers flipping the bill one more time...

Hair Piece: Well, no one in this town likes or respects me, so I guess I will have to take the team somewhere, where they want to hand-out corporate welfare...

Mayor McTooth of Nashville: Our citizens have no idea what they are being taxed on anyways... so c'mon bud. We will flip the entire bill for the stadium, you can have ALL of the revenue AND the city will gaurantee sell outs for the first 10 years...

Houston: Good Riddance!! (Nice to see you got that part correct)

Astros: We got our stadium deal done...
Rockets: We got our arena deal done....

Bob McNair: Well, I have $750,000,000.00 to buy a team if we can get a stadium deal done....(stadium deal in place using tax money from rental cars and hotels AND the HLSR kicking in)

NFL: Good job Bob, you now own the 32nd franchise in the NFL

Houston: *rejoices* Well, its been a few years without football, but the reward far outweighs sacrifice - especially knowing that Hair Piece has nothing to do with it....