Thread: Luv Ya' Blue!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007   #82
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks for the pics guerillablack.

maybe i'm just young enough not to care, but for me it's good riddance. we survived a few years without football to be in a better situation. bud didnt take our memories, he didnt take our legends, he didnt take anything but a shade of blue and an oil derrick helmet. we still have the dome. we still have earl campbell. and because of lanier taking a stand, we now have the texans. we have reliant stadium. we have demeco ryans and andre johnson (they have pacman). the only thing we dont have yet is in the win column but i'm not naive enough to think that there wont be rough patches ... we're just getting them out of the way at the beginning. i love the old oilers and always will, but that team retired, they didnt move. the only thing that moved is bud adams, and that's Christmas in houston. the titans are a new team that are trying to impose a history that they dont know. any oilers fan old enough to walk should know who elvin bethea is, however he's a questionmark in tennessee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
You didn't chose the Texans the Texans chose you!
actually we did choose the texans and chose against bud. of course we like to reminisce about our old team, but we got what we wanted in bob mcnair and the houston texans.