Thread: Luv Ya' Blue!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007   #28
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Your misconception is believing that any admiration of the memories of the Oilers has anything to do with Tennessee. We were rooting on OUR team in those days while Tennesseeians were still marrying their brothers, sisters, and cousins. Those memories happened here and ya'll just adopted them like some poor child in a bad divorce. You can rant and rave about Earls records being yours, the history of Moon and all of that.... BUT it's just words because you didn't live or feel all the emotions at the time. Hell you probably don't even know about the 2 AFL championships that the HOUSTON Oilers had. And to our satisfaction the real OILERS!!!! Campbell, Bum, Mauck wouldn't have anything to do with your lil football tribute that Bud "Azz" Adams orchestrated.
You ever heard the saying getting treated like a red headed step-child? Learn it and learn it well, because that will be the feeling down deep in the pit of your stomach after the games with us. And I will love every minute of it.
Please, you want to get off your soap box for a sec so I can speak my peice?

Surprisingly not all fans of the Titans just became fans as the Titans moved. Some, like myself, enjoyed watching Moon and the Oilers. I remember the run and shoot days and the debacle vs Buffalo.

Being from CA I have no tie to the location of the team. If the fans don't want to goto the games or build a new stadium and they lose there team who's fault is that? When ticket prices go up do you still pay or do you protest? If you will pay the increase what was wrong with the increase just being a tax? I know I know blah blah blah about the retro to the Astro Dome, but why spend a ton of money on Reliant just a few years later that ended up costing more then Adams proposal? I know "y'all" were hurt by the decision but in hind site wouldn't it have been better to keep your team in town and save money in the process instead of starting over with another team? To keep the history, the colors, the team ..... almost seems like a cut off your nose to spite your face things but that is just my opinion on the matter.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote