Thread: Luv Ya' Blue!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007   #9
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I was an Oiler since about the time I turned 10, back in 1976. I saw Earl run over people at the Dome. I earned a "Bruize Brothers" towl during the House of Pain era for being a loud and rabid fan. I went to the Steelers game that last season before the move. My buddies and I were envolved in fight with some Steeler fans. I harass Titans fans at ever chance I get when they call us old Houston Oilers fans bad fans "for letting the team go".

However, that team is dead. The Oilers no longer exist. I do not want to have their colors or logos reborn. The Texans are the Texans and have no ties to the Oilers other than having played in the same city. We have no right as Texan fans to Ernist Givens, Drew Hill, Warren Moon, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, Bruce Mathews or ANY other Oiler player. We as former fans of the team can still have our memories of the bygone days, but today is not yesturday. We can still remember knocking on that door, but sadly that door will never be kicked in. We have a new team. A team that has made mistakes. A team that is still walking toward the door. We will make it to that door. We will knock on that door. WE WILL KNOCK THE ............DOOR IN.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote