Thread: Need Feedback
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_General View Post
Just to set the record straight about that song - the leader of the BPPB wrote it to meet the requests of someone extremely high up in the organization, and no it wasn't Casserly. Lamar wrote exactly what was requested of him, and it had the boss's seal of approval before the public ever heard it. Then it got played and panned and subsequently dropped. Take it from someone who's been in those shoes - that's a pretty gut-wrenching experience for a songwriter. Big props to Mr. McNair though...he recognized immediately that it did not meet with public approval, and in spite of the fact that he personally liked it, he responded to his team's fans and pulled the plug. Unlike another certain owner we used to have that kept that god-awful Houston Oilers #1 song in spite of how much people hated it. I usually stay quiet on this topic since I'm pretty close to it, but when I saw CC mentioned, I thought some clarification was needed.
Thanks for the heads up, as I've always wondered about the background to that song. We enjoyed it for the one pre-season game it got played...but then again, we had four dudes doing 'death metal' vocals (i.e. Cookie Monster) to it, too. Those around us found it(us) quite amusing.

Regarding the old Oiler fight song...loved it as a kid, but that doesn't say much, cuz I also used to like that runny cheese that stadium put on nachos, too. I find the song quite dated and silly from my adult perspective, and I'm glad we didn't try to emulate it with the Texans.