Thread: Need Feedback
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_General View Post
Just to set the record straight about that song - the leader of the BPPB wrote it to meet the requests of someone extremely high up in the organization, and no it wasn't Casserly. Lamar wrote exactly what was requested of him, and it had the boss's seal of approval before the public ever heard it. Then it got played and panned and subsequently dropped. Take it from someone who's been in those shoes - that's a pretty gut-wrenching experience for a songwriter. Big props to Mr. McNair though...he recognized immediately that it did not meet with public approval, and in spite of the fact that he personally liked it, he responded to his team's fans and pulled the plug. Unlike another certain owner we used to have that kept that god-awful Houston Oilers #1 song in spite of how much people hated it. I usually stay quiet on this topic since I'm pretty close to it, but when I saw CC mentioned, I thought some clarification was needed.

As for songs playing on the webpage, I think it's a great idea if you have broadband, but as someone that is stuck on dialup at home, all I request is that there's a way to shut it off so it doesn't eat up my limited bandwidth.

And to whoever mentioned Sam Spence tunes, I wholeheartedly agree. We need LOTS more Sam Spence!!!
I heard McNair himself requested the song and he wanted something in the same vain as the "Hail to the Redskins" song. If true, he definitely got his wish. That song was a cross between "Hail to the Redskins" and "Texas Fight" from UT. Not a bad idea, and surely not poorly written, however it just didn't work.

I don't remember too many complaining about the Oilers song. Those of us that grew up in the Luv Ya Blue era loved it. I had the 45 record as a kid (as well as others like the "Luv Ya Blue" song and "Oiler Cannonball" song by Carl Mauck). Those were magical years for me. Bud did a lot of things wrong but the Oilers did a lot of things right (I say Oilers because I don't know if Bud was behind any of the songs or other things I liked about the organization).

I personally hate getting blasted with music when I visit a site so the songs on this site will never be on "auto-play". If you want to hear them you have to press play. With that in mind people on dial up should have no worries there.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote