View Single Post
Old 06-01-2004   #29
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by done88
When the Texans hired Palmer everyone said he was a great offensive mind. ...Now he will let Palmer run those trick plays and watch what happens...
I don't want to get into a link posting contest, but I don't think "everyone" thought, coming out of Cleveland, Palmer was a great offensive mind. I'd say opinion on Palmer was mixed, and remains that today.

As far as trick plays are concerned, that RB option pass by Mack in the 4th quarter of the Jax game still burns in my gut. That was a indefensibly stupid call on Palmer's part that could have cost the Texans the game. A trick play on occasion can keep a defense on their toes and force them to play honest. No team employs these type plays better than New England. But they can't be a staple of a NFL offense and there is a right and wrong time to break them out.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote