View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007   #12
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I APPRECIATE THE RESPONSE and would hope more people do. This is something that I'd like to discuss somewhat. At least become more informed on the subject.

The problem though that I see is that I'm on the waiting list now. The Texans have monopolized the ticket market. I don't know the numbers but I heard that like 60,000+ fans are season ticket holders which means EVERYONE virtually. All you're paying for is the right to reserve tickets as a season ticket holder. Anything else the Texans give you is a fringe benefit that's unavailable to the general public, i.e. the 10,000 fans (IF THAT MANY) who are lucky enough to score some tickets in a city full of Texans fans.

There's a waiting list. It's a long one, too. Only way I've been able to get my tickets over the last few years was to go to a ticket broker and grossly overpay for a single game. Couldn't afford to pay for 8 games but I could afford to pay for 2 which indicentially would be the price of one game via the broker.I guess it feels like every game is a playoff game when it comes to paying the price if you're not a season ticket holder. You just have to be lucky or grossly overspend. I think there's something wrong there.

I could be wrong on everything that I've said. Again, I'm here to become more informed.
Actually, with the suckitude of our team recently, you can get PSLs off the secondhand market for usually face value now (unlike me, who paid a 400% premium for his Bullpen PSLs doh). Try looking around and see what you can find.

Heck, if you'd like to sit in the Bullpen, I'd be willing to help you out with that, giving you the tickets at cost nonetheless. You'd just have to promise me that you'd be LOUD ALL THE TIME (well, not when we're on offense, but you get the point).

If you're actually interested, PM me.

But...back to the subject at hand. PSL's really aren't that hard to obtain, so it might not even really be worth it to be on the season ticket holder's list.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote