View Single Post
Old 12-26-2004   #8
fresno8
Veteran

I realize in the 3-4 you need a Babin/Suggs to generate a pass rush and that's not the interior linemans main job. However our front three don't do anything, they get no pass rush and don't stop the run. I've watched all the games and we get blown off the ball. Some pass rush has to be made by the front three. However it lies w/ in the outside backers to get the main push, but the way our d plays our d-lineman get pushed right into the backers way and they can't get to the QB. And we don't have a Suggs/Posey/Colvin getting after the passer. If the main objective of the 3-4 is to have outside backers pressure the QB why doesn't Peek play more? I know they say he's bad a against the run but isn't that the d-lines job and ILB. I think One pass rushing end to complement Smith w/ a new 2-gap nose tackle will set a solid foundation for our D-line for the 3-4 for years to come. Another speed rusher is needed off the edge even if it's just for passing situations and 3rd downs for a year or two.
fresno8 is offline   Reply With Quote