View Single Post
Old 12-25-2004   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree AT. It would not shock me to see a first day TE pick at all and I'd be a bit surprised if we didn't draft one. We have extremely average talent at this position, and we cannot even run the offenses we wanted to run when we were working on our two TE sets in training camp. In today’s NFL this is a critical position and it is hard to fill because of the limited body-type (fairly rare athletes...ie power/size guys with good hands and speed). Kansas City took Kris Wilson on the first day when they had Gonzo. The Pats took a first rd TE when they had Graham already and the Colts took at first day TE when they were loaded at this spot also. No way we go into next year without a multi-skill TE. Right now we have nothing but average, one-trick ponies.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote