View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
you give me too much credit. I haven't really seen those threads. I'm sure they are there. ok... for anyone who wants to entertain some "out there" hypotheticals... Peyton Manning... I'm sure we can all agree that he has been the nfl's best qb the past 5 years. Suppose Peyton Manning is the Texans qb since 2002... take a deep breath, I know... but just say Carr never was a Texan... instead you had Peyton Manning. Do you think Manning, Mr. Immobile would have been able to acccomplish anything much more than Carr, given the set of circumstances that Carr had to deal with?

Don't brand me troll for asking this question... it's just interesting to "shoot the breeze" in this way... I'm not trying to engage in a peeing contest here with you good people... just trying to find some acceptance through thoughtful, intelligent posting. I can tell by the landscape of this mb that there is no place for the hard core smack, so I will of course save you that, although I do have a reputation for such communication... it's just that I have a policy of "when in rome"... here I am respectful in the way the community wants it because I want to participate.

So, would P-Man take you to the promised land?

follow up question... what do you say if it turns out Carr has a monster year with the Panthers? What then?
No, but we would've been better and probably made the playoffs before now.

One thing that should be mentioned is that we have (had, whatever) higher draft picks this year as a result of a 6-10 season that could've been better if we'd chosen Leinart, for instance. So, we got something back in the form of 2007 draft picks--and we still have Mario, so these things don't kill you forever. Only thing for sure is that LAST YEAR we would have had a better team with Leinart or Young.

On Carr and the Panthers: I hope that does happen, but, even if it does, it won't be for a few years. Carr needs to be coached up a lot. He's been coached badly for years, and Kubiak couldn't believe how unNFL ready he was. If it did happen that soon (I'd be shocked first off), I'd say that David Carr needed a new home REALLY BAD, because it wouldn't have happened nearly that fast around here.

Last edited by HJam72; 04-27-2007 at 03:49 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote