View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007   #100
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
For ME, as in my opinion, part of the problem seems to be that this "merger" is going one sided. The "old main board" people love it. A large number of the "old TexansTalk" members don't care for it as much. We are losing a closer knit family atmospear, one at which I care how Yankee did on a test, or how Joe and Bull Pen 1 are doing. The BS that the "old Main Board" mods are trying to shut down was what made Texans Talk what it was. It may have morphed into something Kevin wasn't as proud of as he once was, but to me he should be proud to have given birth to a place people were proud to call there home board. Sure we may not have posted as much real news as at the "official" site, but we really took part in each others lives. I realize we will never get that back and it saddens me. I am trying to adjust but give us old members a chance to adjust. It isn't easy for us to see all these new posters, come to what we thought of as "our board", and post how glad they are to see it has been taken over by the "old official board". So when Harry or myself get a little cranky about what is happening it really doesn't help to be jumped on and called troublemakers just because we missed our "old Texans Talk". We will adjust, but it looks like we are the ones doing all the adjusting. It is hard to just say "if they just changed this or that I would be happy" because it is the feel of the board and you can't just explain it easily. It is like when you buy a house and move in it takes a while before that house becomes a home. We lost our home and it isn't easy to see so many people happy that we did.

Tim
Unfortunately, you would have lost your old home anyways. The happiness is that there is a home for anyone, not that the old TT was destroyed.

You are right--it will never be the same as the old though.

There are still all sorts of places where personal sorts of talk can happen, like this thread.

Ultimately, the alternative was that the old TT was going to be shut down because the old MB wasn't secure and was killing the server, and the new MB could have been hosted anywhere--but this was a way for TT to survive at all. Doesn't make it feel any better, but that is the way it was.

You never know, maybe we can make this place better than the sum of its parts.