View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007   #72
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 39796 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been hesitant about speaking out against TT because I was a member and enjoyed it for a long time. I also love all of the friends we have met through that site and tailgating during football season. I know most of the "original" crew there by their first names, and not screen names. It truly was (still is!) a family.

Over the last year or so, it became something completely different from what it was. Nearly every thread was overrun by 5 pages of nonsense. Nonsense is fine and fun if it is contained and in an appropriate place. Unfortunately, it got to the point where it was too much to handle for a lot of people.

I'm not saying that I never go off-topic or enjoy mindless conversation. Sometimes it's great to act a fool and blow off some steam with buddies online, especially with people that you enjoy spending time with in real life. Hell, I co-own a message board where that's all we do. It's a message board with absolutely no point. That's not what TT was or is, and I don't think it was fair to treat it that way.

The biggest point that I think we are overlooking is that Kevin paid for TT out of his own pocket. Why in the world would anyone expect Kevin to continue shelling out money for a site that had a handful of posters? A site where he even admits that he didn't want to visit? It just seems silly to me.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote