View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007   #36
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me chime in here if I may. There have been some unfortunate negative feelings tossed back and forth between some over the change and I am very sorry about all of that. I could have done a much better job making this transition. First off we want to appease as many of you as possible, especially the veteran TT folks. You're (and you know who you are) one of the main reasons the change was made (at least from my point of view). I really want this board to be cross between the old official board and the old TT board. Which would be what I wanted TT to be in the first place. We all know that both boards had their issues. Some feel the official board could get a little too serious and "stuffy" at times or felt those with "great football minds" (at least in their own mind) looked down on others who may not be "experts" of the game. I can see that and have felt that way at times. Others feel TT wasn't serious enough and was just a place to goof off. Because of this they wouldn't waste their time posting a serious topic because they knew it would get overlooked or wouldn't get any real "engaging" responses. I do know that was occuring and quite honestly it was turning me off too. As a matter of fact, many of the old time TT folks cut down on their posting or stopped altogether because of this issue. One just outright unregistered because of the "silliness" that was going on. It had pretty much gotten out of control and I felt major changes would have to be done to get TT back to being a respectable board. The LAST people I thought would be upset about this were the old time core TT folks because I wanted to give them a respectable board back. I felt we could gel the two communities and find an even ground for all to enjoy and have fun talking Texans no matter what your level of expertise on the game is.

I do take full blame for the quality of TT going down hill over the last couple of seasons. Instead of trying to change it I just started spending more time on the official board. I admit that. I now know that it takes a team of mods to run a decent board, not just one or two.

Guys please be patient with us and give us feedback. The facts are, this board IS going to be better than both the old TT board and the old official board. At least that is our goal and I am going to do all I can to see that it happens.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote