View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007   #87
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
well, it's under the heading "novelty - classics"...
I'd buy one. I'd wear an Oil Derrick throwback too.

The team has a rich history. I don't see anything wrong with marketing items from a bygone era. There are plenty of folks who stuck with the Oilers-Titans through it all... even living in Texas... even big time University of Texas fans who weren't too high at all on the Titans now are back because of Vince Young and a sense of idenity with the past; the Oilers era I mean. I can understand your feelings or the feelings of most any average Texan fan. As a season ticket holder myself I'd be furious if my team up and left. For what it's worth I'm pleased with the way things have shook out. I'm glad the Titans have a winning record against the Texans but over the next 10-20 years I'd like to see the Titans and Texans at the top of the division... both clubs making trips to the post season. I'd really like to see Texans-Titans be on par with other great divison rivalries around the league. The Titans haven't done anything in a while and the Texans, well, let's just face it. They never have done much of anything... (they've had their moments)...

I know something was really done to cement the rivalry with the passing on Young and the former Oilers snapping him up. (at the insistance of the Owner, no less)... Bud Adams pretty much fired our GM over Vince Young. That's funny to me. If Vince Young was at any other school outside of Texas I'm sure he wouldn't have been picked at #3. He would have slid just like Leinart. He might have gone to Oakland but I doubt it. What really boggles my mind though is after all the fuss about how Carr was hot $#!t he got thrown out on his arse like a two dollar hooker! I'd fear Vince Young in the coming years. I'd fear him more than Manning. I don't know about sophmore jinxes and Madden curses in regards to Young. Sounds like alot of hooey. I just know that come his fourth and fifth year he will be an absolute beast once the Titans get their ducks in a row. Get him some weapons... get a defense that can manage to stay off the feild. The offseason is entirely too long sometimes. I'd like to see some football.
I think you need to remember where Vince wants to be. It's a little funny that his first association to TN is that the Titans were originally from Houston.

Feel good about having VY on your team, but remember... he would much rather be in Houston, TX!
Shaft75 is online now   Reply With Quote