View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007   #16
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11835 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer View Post
You might get in contact with Jeff, Dean or Andy about hats and painting but I'm not so sure they know anything about "sports pretty"
Do you really think Andy did his own hat? HAH!

I agree with using a straw hat, it's much cooler. For painting the hat I used Krylon exterior spray paints, and for the detailing I used acrylic craft paint, then I used a coat of spray polyurethane over the whole thing to protect it.

If you want to do stenciling of the logo or anything, contact paper works really well, as it sticks to the hat just enough for you to trace around, but is easy to remove, and won't take off any paint that's underneath it. Sticky backed craft felt also works well for more permanent logos, and the colors won't run. I used it on my first hat, and it worked really well.

If you need fabric or ribbon, Jo-Anns or Hancock Fabrics usually has some really cute red, white, and blue patterns around the fourth of July. (If you want to decorate with beads, PM me. I've got a TON of pony beads left over from my last hat that you can have if you want them).

If you want to go sparkly, you can also find the plastic flat backed rhinestones at craft stores. (Just a note: I found that blue is really difficult to get a hold of).

Last edited by jjjezebel; 04-18-2007 at 12:52 PM.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote