View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007   #58
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't you wish you had a dollar for all the silly things said about Vince Young by both his supporters and his detractors since the first time his name was discussed?

Personally, I like Vince Young and would have been ecstatic for him to be a Texan. Just because the worst case scenario happened and he went to Tennessee, doesn't mean that everyone has to lockstep think he is going to stink on ice. I'm not going to root for him in a TN uni, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the things that he is able to do.

I believe this is going to be an interesting season for him. Without two of the running backs, and the effect that PacMan has, I am curious to see what he can do. Will Lendale step away from the donuts? Will there draft class be able to make immediate impact? Oh, and how about that Madden curse?

People said that VY was going to struggle his junior year with the inexperienced WRs that Texas had at that time. They obviously didn't. It will be interesting to see what VY can do without the star CB/returnman/***** helping, and less experience at running back.

He's not on my favorite team, but Vince Young is not someone I would ever bet against.