Thread: 5A Predictions
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 30181 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
Yes. We built Wagner and opened it on Fall 05, but not with seniors or a varsity team. They stayed at Judson and went to State. Then, we split the varsity coaches and players and have 2 teams. It didn't turn out very well. Who knows how long it will take to get it fixed up again for either team.

It's very depressing for those of us who've been on the inside since 1978 when we really began to build what was The Dynasty.
I feel your pain. I remember quite well when Converse Judson and Odessa Permian were kings in the 5A and Sealy in the 3A. Willowridge was a force for about 10 years 81-about 91, was a regular deep in the playoffs, but won one State championship. They then had a very good basketball program that kept the dynasty going, but after 2K1, all programs took a nose dive and I would be surprised if it ever gains a fraction of the recognition that was once held so dear.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote