View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007   #12
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 94228 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
Actually I'm disappointed, the threads from the original Texans Talk are gone. Why is this? It just seems like the houstontexans.com message board took over our board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
First off, I want to apologize to the long time Texans Talkers for the old board and posts being gone. It was a necessary thing that had to be done. The old board software was crashing the server. Quite honestly, if TexansTalk.com wouldn't have be rebuilt the way it was just rebuilt it would have probably just gone away.

Another issue with TexansTalk.com was the quality of the threads and posts had gone down hill. The board was flooded with non relevant topics followed by replies with no substance or relevant topics that were quickly highjacked by off topic replies. Serious fans were having issues posting there because of these issues and honestly many were being turned off. I do accept the blame for that. Instead of fixing this problem I just started participating more on the official board and neglecting TT. Gr8fan did an excellent job modding however I had only instructed him to watch for vulgar content and other obvious things. No one was policing the quality of the board.

The best board was the Tailgating Board because it was being used by the old Blue Crew folks. There was no way to move the threads from that board to here due to the software differences however we have tried to accomodate those fans by giving them there own board here in the Tailgating section. I will do all I can to make those guys happy. I love the Blue Crew (now Platinum) folks and I hope they stay.

I also want everyone to know that my role has changed quite a bit. I still own TexansTalk.com and am hosting the site, however TT is being run by a team of fans. While I have input, I had little to do with the redesign. I am also not making singlehanded decisions anymore. Changes and design features are being voted on by the "Texans Talk Team" in a private forum. Honestly, this was my original idea and purpose with Texans Talk however it never materialized.

When Vinny told me that he had a team of fans wanting to do this project I felt the timing and fit was right. The bottom line was TT was not going to continue in it's previous state. This project has saved TT and I think is going to make it more popular than ever because now it is truly "run by the fans for the fans".

With all this in mind, everyone can still feel free to contact me directly with any issues and ideas. I am sure we can accomodate most here.
Hookem, I think you should paste your comments in a new thread and sticky it in each forum. Being one of the new people here, I would hate there to be any hard feelings from the regulars...
having just gone through the trauma of having our boards gutted, I can more than sympathize with the way folks might feel.
I hope (and also truly believe) that after people get used to the changes, they will appreciate what is in place here now...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote