View Single Post
Old 06-01-2004   #15
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Hey...I know that first we need to get the plays down.
Second would be to go out there with confindence that the play will be made.
After getting confidence and fine tuning plays comes "opening up the playbook" type plays.

What I was saying was that even if the Texans did get it going in that sense...I still think Palmer would be too conservative. For two season, expansion team seasons, a team is able to try this, try that...experiement if you will....and they didn't. The only play that comes to mind was when the went for it against Jacksonville this past season when Carr QB sneaked it in.

What I'm saying is try...open the playbook when you know your down and the only chance to keep the game alive is going for the daring play!

Another game that comes to mind is the Texans/Pats game in overtime when the Pats stopped the Texans and cause a loss of yardage when the Texans were in field goal range......what did Palmer call?.?.?.?. he called all running plays! He could have just kicked the field goal on 2nd down...if Brown would have missed it, he would have had another try, and then another................no...he went for all running plays and one screen play (not too sure of screenplay though)against a solid Patriots defense that smelled everything coming!

Last edited by SBTexans08; 06-01-2004 at 12:50 PM.
SBTexans08 is offline   Reply With Quote