Thread: Playoffs?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004   #8
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTim5125
Ok probably not but we are mathmatically still in it... The way I see it if Denver, Buffalo, and the Jags, and Baltimore lose out, and we win out we would some how have the Tie breaker for that group... can some one shed some light on this. We are still in the hunt....
I believe it's because when multiple teams tie for a wild card spot and they haven't all played each other an even number of times they will go to conference record. If Houston wins out they will have a 7-5 conference record. If Denver, the Ravens, the Jags, and the Bills lose out they will all have worse conference records. Denver could do it, but I don't think the others will lose 2 each. Still, it's nice to still be "involved" this late in the season.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote