View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveForTheGame
I didn't see the play last week that CaptainPatriot is talking about. However, I am going to blindly stand up for the kid. I've been a Carr fan since I watched one of the Fresno games his senior season so I'm biased towards him. Even with that said, maybe he didn't try to run because he was looking downfield for a receiver to get open and didn't see he could run for the first down (I didn't see the play so I don't know). It's not like he ran around in panic while making a stupid mistake. Eli did have a good game, but he is also on a team that isn't an expansion team. Same with Roethlisberger (he's doing great as a rookie but his experienced team takes some pressure off). Are you going to say that Joe Montana wasn't the answer when he took a sack late in a game instead of running and making something happen or the same with every other hall of fame QB. You may have the luxury of having a once in a lifetime winner like Brady (let's through him in the same situation and see how great he does), but I'll take the leadership and toughness from Carr just as well.
I saw Favre make a bad low pass today into the end zone from about the 10 yard line or so for an incompletion, when he could have run for at least 6 or so easily on a 3rd and 3 play. They even missed the field goal after that. Even the best of them make that mistake.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote