View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004   #6
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

I didn't see the play last week that CaptainPatriot is talking about. However, I am going to blindly stand up for the kid. I've been a Carr fan since I watched one of the Fresno games his senior season so I'm biased towards him. Even with that said, maybe he didn't try to run because he was looking downfield for a receiver to get open and didn't see he could run for the first down (I didn't see the play so I don't know). It's not like he ran around in panic while making a stupid mistake. Eli did have a good game, but he is also on a team that isn't an expansion team. Same with Roethlisberger (he's doing great as a rookie but his experienced team takes some pressure off). Are you going to say that Joe Montana wasn't the answer when he took a sack late in a game instead of running and making something happen or the same with every other hall of fame QB. You may have the luxury of having a once in a lifetime winner like Brady (let's through him in the same situation and see how great he does), but I'll take the leadership and toughness from Carr just as well.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote