View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004   #18
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

well, today the minneapolis star-tribune had an extensive article on lesnar's bid to enter the nfl...

Quote:
The workout with NFL teams was rescheduled for June 2, but that was canceled late last week because Lesnar aggravated his groin pull, according to his agent, Ed Hitchcock. Hitchcock said Lesnar probably will work out for teams individually in two or three weeks.

Hitchcock said five teams were committed to attending Lesnar's workout Wednesday: Green Bay, Philadelphia, Kansas City, Dallas and San Francisco. Green Bay, Philadelphia and San Francisco confirmed they were going to attend, Dallas said it doesn't comment on workouts, and Kansas City Vice President of Football Operations Lynn Stiles, whom Hitchcock said he had spoken with, didn't return phone calls.

Dungy and Tice said representatives from their teams probably would have attended. Baltimore special teams coordinator Gary Zauner has visited Lesnar twice at API and is intrigued.

"We're just in the exploring stage right now, but I'd be crazy not to work him out once he's healthy," Zauner said. "He's big, he's strong, and I don't follow that WWE, but some of that acrobatic stuff they do is pretty impressive. Heck, it doesn't cost us much to bring a guy in for a look."

Lesnar said he won't be intimidated when he's finally able to work out for teams.

"I ain't afraid of anything, and I ain't afraid of anybody," Lesnar said. "I've been an underdog in athletics since I was 5. I got zero college offers for wrestling. Now people say I can't play football, that it's a joke. I say I can. I'm as good an athlete as a lot of guys in the NFL, if not better."

Lesnar bench-presses 475 pounds, squats 695 pounds and ran a 4.65 40-yard dash in April when he weighed 280, according to Richesson.

"He's the baddest guy to ever walk in this place," Richesson said. "From just a pure speed, strength, power standpoint, no one can match him."
http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/4802803.html

...based solely on #'s, i say he has a shot to at least make someone's practice squad...i can't believe he turned down the $45 million remaining in his contract to follow this dream, though...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote