Thread: Carrs Q & A
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004   #6
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee
My point being

Is he tipping off whether its a run or pass by the way he audibles
Shouting out signals = run
Hand signals = pass

Of course we could always use dummy signals to cross them up.......couldn't we? Brilliant!

cac
I would argue that the Texans system is not unique and probably on occassion uses some form of dummy calls and signals. while peyton is the most demostrative and does it more than other, check with me calls are not unique.

My general take is that even with all the attempts at deception etc. that 90% the time defenses and offense know what each are doing and the difference is in who blocks, tackles, runs, and catches better.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote