View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004   #22
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 42676 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky
I don't disagree, but a fireman also puts his life on the line every time he steps into a burning building. If the QB makes a few million a year, what's a fireman worth. And, before you answer, yes I understand the reasons why from a purely free enterprise system why it is. But, the inequity between those who entertain us, whether via sports, movies, or song, and teachers, firemen, policemen, and service men and women has always bugged me. In the truest sense, someone is worth whatever they can bring in, and I understand that. My stance is more philospohical in nature.
I can stand to be corrected and encourage anyone that will, please do so. FireFIGHTERS (lol), police officers, and teachers all do tremendous jobs and deserve great salaries for their service. However, the question in all three, is where the funding comes from and how much more can your reasonably expect to get from the sources that their salaries come?
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote