View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004   #18
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH
All of them. Most will not be in the league ten years from now whereas most other professions will have the opportunity to work 30-40 years if they so choose. Any given practice or game their career could end with one hit, and God forbid the long term health consequences, all for my entertainment pleasure. Usually, those who don't live up to their contracts are cut. The only thing I do question is being locked in to paying a player millions if he never sets foot on the field.

Bold mine

Good post. I never thought of it that way.

cac