View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004   #19
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Wand will be our guy.. or at least will get another season to show if he CAN be our guy. He has done well.. his weakness seems to be speed.. and that can be improved with technique. He has gotten alot of experience this season, now he will have an offseason to build on it and turn it into production on the field. If he isnt looking better next season, then we may consider a first round LT next year I would think.

We HAVE a good oline.. Wand is the weakest link right now but it is also his first real season.. so you gotta give him time. You gotta give the whole line time really. But the talent is there. Maybe zone blocking just isnt the answer? we have a huge oline.. and that doesnt seem to be part of the recipe for successful zone blocking.

if you look at the denver Oline.. they are ALOT smaller than our guys.

I see us trying to trade up for Derrick Johnson in the first. if that isnt possible then I see us looking at Rodrique Wright.. and if THAT doesnt work out.. then i see us looking at Anttaj Hawthorne and Ronnie Brown.

in the second, if he is available I could see us considering David Baas, but like I said.. Oline isnt as big an issue as people make it out to be right now. Ive heard that Ciatrick Fason the RB is a possibility as well. But he is DDs size.. and I dunno that we would want to risk drafting another small RB.

Honestly.. no one in the second round sticks out to me as someone we would REALLY want.. which makes me beleive that trading up for Derrick Johnson is a big possibility. unless Marcus Spears fell to us... that would be a nice second round pickup.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote