View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004   #7
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 48171 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Hetero Doxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetero doxy
wow. i'd thought this kind of rationalization of racism had pretty much vanished.

ty has hundreds of friends in the rice university community. we think the world of him and wish him the best.
Wow.....You are in denial!

I call it conviction or opinion.....you call it rationalization of racism.
I'm no more a racist than you are. It's a shame people can't discuss events without being labeled.

Just so you know, I am glad Ty has friends in the Rice university community, I am sure he has friends in the Notre Dame community as well. No one I know of has smeared his character or called him names. The only thing that has happened is the University of Notre Dame dismissed a football coach that they felt had not shown improvement in the football program. Your point of contention seems to be the three year time period he was given. Willingham, according to the president of the University of Notre Dame, was the first coach in school history to insist on having the three year performance clause in his contract, hence the three year time frame. I do not know if the clause required a raise for performance after three years or not? I am sure it required the University to buy out the remainder of his contract ( pay him to leave) if there was no increased performance and they decide to replace him. Next time you talk to your friend maybe you can ask him. If it did require a raise I can see why the University chose to dismiss him instead. There was no increased performance after the three years, just the opposite.

BTW Did you read the article I linked, in its entirety? Or did you just come after me with your preconceived illusions intact. Have you done any research on the particulars of what happened, or are you satisfied to just assume racism in everything you read and hear?

cac