View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004   #30
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
There is another line in that article that needs repeating.

I'm not disappointed with the article, but I'm very disappointed with the response to the article.

This obvious lack of patience can be forgiven if you're one of the youngins that weren't around during the Oiler days. But if you're one of those ex-Oiler fans like me, then obviously you've forgotten how your beloved Bud Adams delivered all those 1-15 and 3-13 seasons by changing the coaching staff every year. Funny how he didn't wise up until he moved the team to Tennessee.

But then, maybe some of you like the way they run the Redskins.
RIGHT ON. I was around for the coaching turnstiles of the Oilers, and I continue to be amazed at the people who simultaneously want to fire Chris Palmer even as they make excuses for the "young" offensive line by saying they're still learning a new scheme. Exactly what do they think will happen if another coach is brought in!?! (Side note: it is difficult to teach an undertalented guy how to play left tackle, even if you're Vince Lombardi.)

This team's just now getting to a solid footing in the NFL. I'm in total agreement that anything less than 7-9 is a sign that the team did not progress sufficiently in 2004. But let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater here. I see on SI.com that Capers is now one of the choices on their poll regarding the 2004 NFL coach most deserving of a pinkslip. Come on. THAT coach was Wannstedt, and he's gone. Next should be Haslett, then Holmgren. Those guys had their shot.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote