View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004   #18
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But the Texans' first priority is adding stars to the defensive front seven. Then they would be convinced that these close losses will become victories.
I've posted this before, but this quote reaffirms my belief that they'll upgrade the DL through free agency.

Shaun Rogers (DT) of Detroit. If they don't Franchise him, I'd make a strong run at him. He went to UT & his hometown is LaPorte, Texas. If the price is right, playing in front of the hometown might convince him to sign here. Slide Payne over to LE, stick Rogers in the NT position, & we have a nice young defensive line with size, power, & speed.

If Detroit should Franchise Rogers, then we could make a run at his backup (Marcus Bell). Or, we could go after one of their starting OL, Dominic Raiola (C) & Stockar McDougle (RT). We don't really need another RT, but both are unrestricted. If backup QB is a concern, Mike McMahon is also unrestricted.

There are other available FA's, but Rogers looks to be an up & coming young star.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote