View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I said all along from the beginning that this a 7-9 to 8-8 team. That being said playoffs is not a word that should be used at this time. Recently, we all swallowed the harsh reality of that. Yes, play has been bad but at times it has been good this season. You have to like the fact our players are no longer accepting losses. Trust me, there are teams out there where the fans can say their team has no heart in them whatsoever. That cannot be said of our team. Two more wins gets to my expectations.

If we win the next two road games, that means we went 4-4 on the road. That is improvement. If we win all 3 games we are 8-8 going .500 in both road and home games. Still a big improvement. Point is there are still alot of ifs remaining in this season.

The Giants, Bears, Redskins, Cardinals, Bills, Browns, Raiders. They all had coaching changes and all they have done is prolong their playoff hopes and reqular season worries.

The teams that have stuck to their guns have made it through and are succeeding. As much as I hate to say it because I hate this team with all I got, the Steelers are the poster child for sticking with your coaching staff.

The front office said four years. Let's give it four years. We know this team is capable of winning and we just need for them to play like that for three more games. If the 4th year stinks, make the coaching change. But if it is better record wise these coaches should be able to stay.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote