View Single Post
Old 05-30-2004   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think its never a good idea to say that a season's success or failure is based on the play of one particular rookie. Rookies take time to develop, and its unrealistic to expect them to be the savior their first season in the league. Its more of a situation where any contributions that the player can make is just an added bonus. One player won't drastically improve a pass rush. However, I feel the return of Gary Walker and Seth Payne along the DLine, and the acquisition of Smith will drastically improve our defensive pass rush. Remember that in our first season Walker earned a spot on the Pro Bowl with his pass rushing skills. Also, a good pass rush can make the secondary and defense as a whole look a lot better. But I think the key here is to keep a realistic perspective on this whole situation. I think Babin has a good chance of starting, but don't rule out Antwan Peek starting in the first few games if Babin's transition to OLB is a little slow. I don't think he'll put up extravagant numbers as a rookie, in part because hes making a leap from Western Michigan to the NFL, and he's switching positions at that. Look for him to put up anywhere between 5 to 9 sacks if he's healthy, and perhaps an interception. I'm much more interested in seeing how Robinson does this season. Will he have an excellent rookie season like Seatle's Marcus Trufant, or will he have a slow and uneventful season of learning the NFL game?
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote