View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Trying to draft a star QB is not a mistake, no matter what your offensive tendencies will be. They want to pass. They just couldn't. I had a problem with them not passing a lot at one time earlier this season, but, at that time, they had adequate (not great) pass protection, Carr was hitting Johnson, and every time they ran the ball, it was pathetic. I figured why run it at all? All of their ability at that time was in the passing game, so I wanted them to pass the freaking ball, lol. If you can run successfully....good, do it! I see the perfect offense as one that runs 50% of the time and passes 50% of the time, getting 150 yds. rushing and 400 yds. passing (not even yardage passing and rushing). Remember, this is the perfect offense. Every coach is going to want to pass at least some of the time. Certainly more than what they did successfully in this last game. Every coach rightfully wants a star QB. It NEVER hurts.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote