View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
So, big RB, impact WR, and a star or two for the front seven.. but no flashy FA pickups? I hope Casserly plans on pulling some 1st rounders out of his rear then. Good luck getting an impact WR outside of the second round. Heck.. may be hard outside of the first round with this draft. I only know of 2 big bodied RBs coming out in this draft worth looking at, and Brown is the only one that looks really promising.. he will be a high 1st rounder(the other is Eric Shelton from Louisville.. assuming he comes out. I suppose Kay Jay would be one too, but he is a bit old for a rookie RB). And stars for the front seven? That could possibly be done in the second third and fourth.. but to get a REAL star which is what we need.. it would have to be a 1st rounder.

So we either need to come up with 3 first rounders (yah right).. or make at least ONE flashy FA signing.

hell.. whatever.. im still high on him wanting to make us like the Steelers . I love how the steelers play.
I believe they were saying that Capers wants to focus on the front 7 of the defense in this next draft (and maybe FA). The other stuff, like WR, RB, etc., was, I believe just saying what he would LIKE to have. In other words, what he wishes he could go out and get this offseason, but knows he'll have to wait AT LEAST another year. He's looking at drafting front 7 on D.

I think the O-line needs attention, but I'm afraid that that will mean new players once again learning the zone blocking scheme, so I don't know.

Also, there is, in fact, an insinuation that they know they better do better next year, but we're not talking AFC Championship here. I think they mean that next year may be a 9-7 year, so don't give up on them just yet. It may mean playoffs, but not real far into them.

Someone mentioned that the last game was not something to take any pride in at all and that Capers should never say anything positive about it, but you have to remember that Payton Manning is setting records, man. That guy may go down as the best ever. Think about that. Montana, Marino, Elway, Unitas, Bart Starr, Young, Staubach, Stabler, Farve, that guy from the 70's Steelers whom I ALWAYS remember but can't ever remember his stupid name, etc., etc. He may just outdo them all. They're calling him the smartest QB ever and they're right. Holding him to 23 points is pretty darn good for a 3rd year team.

Take notice, though that he did say he would LIKE a better RB. DD may be a starter again next year, but who knows when he'll get relegated to 3rd down back.

The thing about the Steelers got me too. I know this is out of left field, but I'd like to see Jerome Bettis on this team right now, so we can really find out how much he's "....got left in the tank."

Last edited by HJam72; 12-15-2004 at 08:00 AM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote