View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I seriously doubt it. That article eluded to next season a couple of times. I think next season we will be expecting results.."or else"

Hell.. even McNair said in an interview earlier this year that we are a more capable team and should be able to go 8-8.. or something to that effect anyway. SO.. I think that if we dont post a winning record next year.. we will be looking at coaching changes.

If not.. then I think we will start to see our valuable players jumping ship when their contract expires.. which im sure will also lead to quick coaching changes.

The only way I can see our staff posting another losing record and getting away with it.. is if we lose with alot of heart :P.. similar to the last two seasons, but playing better at the same time. That at least would show improvement, and the players buying into what the coaches are selling. If we have a losing record and the same lack of heart we have had this year.. Capers is gonna be a D coordinator again. And I wouldnt be surprised to see Fangio and Palmers go with him.. and a complete changing of the guard for our "new beginning"

I hope Capers pulls it off though.. I dont WANT to start over.. starting over is something you do 10 years down the road when your stars get old and retire.. starting over again would mean another few seasons to get on track, then a couple seasons of winning records, then another little rebuilding stage before we REALLY get to where we want to be. Not only that but I WANT to be the Steelers hehe . If i could slap the Steelers in Texans uniforms id be a happy man.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote