View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

now THAT was a good article. Amazing how much better you can feel just by having the coaches say "yah we hear you and we understand where you are coming from"

I still am not sold on everything. I think SOME coaching changes would be a good idea. Like Joe Pendry for example. We have a barely capable Oline that needs guidance and we have a 1st year oline coach. We dont need our coaching staff growing up with the players.

Anyway.. here are some great and not so great quotes.

Quote:
Don't expect any flashy free-agent signings
poo

Quote:
They hear you muttering out there. They know you're getting anxious. They know you wanted to see more progress. They know you wonder about David Carr and about the offensive play-calling.
its just good to know they arent oblivious.

Quote:
"I know exactly what wins in this league," Capers said. "We're going to get there."
I like that a helluva lot better than "we need to execute". Least this is showing some confidence.

Quote:
If you've got questions about the offense, so do they. If you wonder why the defense hasn't made more big plays, they're right there with you
again, nice to know.

Quote:
They know they need better linebackers and maybe a young cornerback
Definatly on the LBs, I think the CB can wait another season.. Unless Rolle falls into our laps.. but i dont see that happening.

Quote:
Carr and Palmer have become adjoined at the hip by fans who believe neither is as good as advertised. Let's give them both another season.
twice he mentiones "another season".... if the press is saying it too, then i wonder if the 5 year plan has even an inkling of a chance if we dont really show improvement next season. Sounds like year 4 better be good or we get someone else.

Quote:
He has an unshakable vision. He wants to run the ball and play smash-mouth football. He'd rather be the Steelers than the Eagles
YEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!! this quote just MADE the article for me. Capers for president! get that man a running back!

Quote:
He'd probably like to add a big running back and another impact wide receiver during the offseason. The offensive line will also be evaluated.
Ronnie Brown? Another impact WR.. hmm.. anyone gonna be available in free agency? And thank god for some Oline evaluation. Im a big supporter of the change to zone blocking.. and if it really can work I hope we stick with it. But at the behest of others ive been looking at some other zone blocking lines.. and our guys are like 30-50 pounds heavier than the olinemen on that line. Makes me really wonder if we DONT have the personel for that kind of scheme.

Quote:
But the Texans' first priority is adding stars to the defensive front seven. Then they would be convinced that these close losses will become victories.
hmm.. ok.. ..hmm

So, big RB, impact WR, and a star or two for the front seven.. but no flashy FA pickups? I hope Casserly plans on pulling some 1st rounders out of his rear then. Good luck getting an impact WR outside of the second round. Heck.. may be hard outside of the first round with this draft. I only know of 2 big bodied RBs coming out in this draft worth looking at, and Brown is the only one that looks really promising.. he will be a high 1st rounder(the other is Eric Shelton from Louisville.. assuming he comes out. I suppose Kay Jay would be one too, but he is a bit old for a rookie RB). And stars for the front seven? That could possibly be done in the second third and fourth.. but to get a REAL star which is what we need.. it would have to be a 1st rounder.

So we either need to come up with 3 first rounders (yah right).. or make at least ONE flashy FA signing.

hell.. whatever.. im still high on him wanting to make us like the Steelers . I love how the steelers play.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote