Thread: Dave Ragone
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004   #28
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

And then, of course, we have Ragone's outstanding performances in the preseason of 2004, where he excelled at moving the team backwards via fumbled snaps and blown plays. This guy wasn't even close to a #2 QB this season.

If Carr's regressing, he needs to play through it. Also, this isn't the time to start experimenting at QB because this team still owes its fans at LEAST 2 more wins to stay on a consistent path of improvement.

I agree that Symons and the Rag will be the backups next year and I'm OK with that, assuming Symons recovers fully. I have to say that about our draft picks because we seem to have a problem with drafting injured people who never get better (Boselli, Joppru, Hollings)...on the other hand, we got a steal with the damaged Glenn Earl.

One thing I remind myself is that backup QBs can vary dramatically based on their supporting cast. Case in point: Brian Griese was absolutely HORRIBLE in a brief midseason run in Miami last year, but seems to have redeemed himself somewhat this year. Maybe Ragone, through either changes around him or growth as a pro, will perform much better in 2005's camp. So far I've seen little to support that, but I hope it happens.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote