View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004   #23
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 156418 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky
First off, wouldn't AJ be the first option a good portion of the time?
Sure, when he is covered Carr checks straight down to Dom. Just like he went straight down to Miller his first year. Have you not noticed that teams play us this way for a reason? We will get tons of yards but we don't score. 14 points a game doesn't get it, but everyone points to yards as if they were the same as TD's. If you take away AJ you take away our offense because all we do is dump it to our safety valve.

Quote:
Secondly, Derrick Armstrong was inactive and instead we had the unstoppable Matt Murphy active. What does that tell you about the game plan?
It tells me that we don't look at options 2 and 3 enough. Why have them in the game if we don't look at them?

Quote:
The QB's job is to execute the game plan given to him. Lastly, Capers specifically said on channel 13 (according to people I know who saw it) that Carr executed the game plan exaclty how it was drawn up. Carr is certainly not blameless and he definetely checks down from #1 to last resort quickly, but the coaches are ultimately responsible, just like a manager is responsible for "coaching" his or her employee's.
If the coaches don't trust Carr to throw into coverage that tells me a lot about what they think of his ability to win those battles.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote