View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the D coordinator of NE just got the head coaching job for Notre Dame.. what about the O Coordinator :P.

Ive been following the texans from day 1 and I have agreed with Dom and his decisions up until now.. and I dunno why but ive just started to get tired of him and what he brings to the table.

His "lack of execution" smacks of what so many other failing coaches have been known for. picking some vague comment and repeating it in every interview to explain away all the shortcomings.

That is a little harsh.. but I dunno.. looking at other coaches in the league.. Dom just doesnt seem to stand up to them anymore. He is a great defensive mind. But I just dont think that, when it comes to head coaching, he can compare to the really good head coaches out there.. like NE, Carolina, Tennessee, Kansas City, and Green bay have (easier to name the teams than spell all those coaches names).

I dont want the Texans to be a contender.. that would be great.. but I want a championship team.. a powerhouse in the league.. and to get that in todays NFL... you gotta have a great head coach. I think we give Capers another season.. see how things are looking at the end of next year.. and if there isnt an OBVIOUS, MAJOR improvement.. McNair could look into stealing one of those great head coaches. I dont want to speak for McNair or say what he should do with his millions ..but he has the income to pay a coach more than he will make in alot of other places.

Hell.. I wouldnt mind having Parcells

Yah I know.. 5 year plan.. but if we arent getting close next season.. then I doubt we will be there the year after. We have all this talent and it would be a real shame to waste it under the wrong head coach. These guys arent gonna be in the league forever.. and if after 4 years we arent a real winning team, we need to show them we are gonna make big changes to make SURE we are a winning team.. so they arent tempted to go somewhere else.

I swear im gonna cry if Andre Johnson or Dunta Robinson ever leave this team.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote