View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we keep working on it with the people we have. Even as much as I'd like to see Steve McKinney get beaten out of a job by a center who can actually do the job I don't see anyone coming in here next season and pushing anyone to the bench. I'm not against drafting an offensive lineman if one merits whatever round he's taken in because you keep adding players. I just think that we're going to be seeing this line for another year at least. Wand and Pitts are young. So is Wade. McKinney is going to get a pass again because the coaches don't want to upset whatever chemistry he has with DC (Like what is a new center going to do? Let more guys through and fumble more snaps?) and Weigert is an asset. There's nothing wrong with the people we've got (mostly) that game experience in this system won't fix.

But yeah, somewhere in there I think it's possible the Texans take an o-lineman. I look for them to again focus on defense though early on. More work is what they need. If that fails then they need to examine which part of the learning process isn't getting it done. Are the players not learning or is the teacher not teaching?
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote