View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004   #23
Herdof
Rookie

Domanick Davis is a good running back. Pro Bowl-ability? Not likely, but probable. Starting quality? Oh yes indeed. Remember this is his sophmore year, it's not unusual for second year players to have a slump. I think the early goings and injuries were his slump, now he's working out of it and working well for us. Plus, he's still young. He most likely won't be a consistent 1,500 yarder, but he's a multidimensional threat who puts up great RB numbers in either rushing or receiving. He's a TD magnet.

I DO think that we should pick up a running back for precaution measures, but not with a high draft pick if we go the draft route. Trust me, the RBs WILL slip in this draft. That could kill his confidence and development. I want a power/hammer 'back personally. For those tough, close yardages a la Duce Staley/Jerome Bettis RB tandem.

The size thing is fooey because he's 5'9" and 216 - good enough size to play. Now if he was 5'8", 190 or something then I can see why you'd say that. If you're 200+ pounds at running back I think it's safe to assume that you're not too light for the position.

I still consider DD the franchise RB.