View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004   #4
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114221 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

i think the general rule of thumb is that if a team feels its secondary has inferior athletes (wich pretty much includes everyone vs the colts recieving crew) the best way to neutralize an offense is with a lot of zone.

as for the man coverage, i have no issues with glenn or robinson. however, i see our linebackers on wrs an aweful lot. way to much. im not just talking about a bump inside 5 yards before a safety takes over the coverage...im talking about 240 lb + linebackers who chase a wideout across the field---and get burned over and over again. we saw an extreme example of it a couple of weeks ago with foreman. in addition to that our strong safety isnt especially good in man coverage either. brown on gates was a great example of that. earl has better range and hip movment as well as more recovery speed ,but hes still primarily a run support kind of safety. the linebackers we use in this system simply arent coverage type guys. wong is probably the best of the bunch this year though sharper is a close second. and to top the problem off----demarcus faggins is abused. i like the guy for a 5th round pick. he plays gritty and emotionally ,but he is only a 5th round talent. i've seen qb's put a bullseye on his back for to long. i think he'll be fine as a dime package cb but i'm hoping the texans look to make cb one of 3-4 top priorities. (hopefully a cb 6ft or taller so as to match up a little better with some of the recievers who have taken advantage of us).