Thread: Fumble!?!?!???
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004   #33
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsrock
----Once the play is over, it's over. They have to blow the whistle. I suppose they shouldn't blow the whistle until the pile is UNpiled because someone else may come out with it. The problem is in the replay system. Before replays, these situations didn't come up.
The play wasn't over and nobody had to blow any whistle because it wasn't over until they did. They need to change that rule where you have to blow the whistle just because you THINK the play is over. Defenses get COMPLETELY BURNED because of that way too often. He blew the whistle because he was about 51% sure that that play was over. That's a STUPID, STUPID rule.

OK, so maybe we would still have lost, but I'm still really tired of that kind of ****. Instant replay helps them get things right, but it can't do it if they are too hardheaded to change some of the stupid rules that were designed to work before instant replay. Maybe when it has a major effect on a Superbowl or Championship game they'll change the rule. Nah, it's the NFL. They'll just get emarrassed and do away with instant replay again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsrock
The problem is in the replay system.
Really? You mean the replay is wrong? That can't be right. Payton can't be sacked. I hope you're talking about how stupid it is to have to stop a play that needs to continue and be reviewed later.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote