Thread: Dave Ragone
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Next year we have a guy in Ragone who will have studied your system for two full seasons and can make every throw in the book. New England goes with the same type QB situation in Rohan Davey right now. I think you need to rethink this.

I don't think so Vinny. When I say "I don't think he belongs here" I'm not talking about the Dave Ragone we'll have next year when he's had two full seasons and can make every throw in the book. What I've been trying to say is that I don't think that at the time selecting Ragone was the best way to go. Sure, no doubt about it having him ready to step in is a plus now (or next year). I'm not arguing that at all. I'm saying that I believe the Texans should have used that choice on another position at the time and stuck with a Mike Quinn level player in the short term. I'm just saying I'd have waited to start developing another young QB. At least for one more year if not two.

It's moot point now and yes, he does belong here now. I'm just expressing a different opinion regarding the order in which the Texans have chosen to do things.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote